The display of the error code 43 is often found in the Device status box which is located on the hardware properties windows. Code 43 errors come up like this, “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)”. Therefore, if you are experiencing error code 43, follow the methods below to fix the error, “How I Solved the Code 43 Error“.
How I Solved the Code 43 Error
You should know that error code 43 has to do with your graphics card, and this alone prompts a series of issues. The solutions to these problems are written below.
1. Troubleshoot the Hardware and Devices
When trying to fix any hardware problems or errors, troubleshooting the Hardware and Devices in Windows is very helpful.
Use this method to open and operate that troubleshooter.
- You can search the Settings app using the search box below the home screen or you can Press Windows Key + I simultaneously to open the Settings app.
- Once the Settings app opens, locate the Update & Security option and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu locate and click on the troubleshoot option.
- Select the Hardware and Devices option from the pages that come up and tap on “Run the troubleshooter”.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the process. Your issues should be resolved once the troubleshooting is done.
2. The Device Driver should be updated
Another reason for error code 43 is faulty video card drivers, which means the best way to fix is to update your graphics card‘s drivers. Update your device driver by performing the following.
- Using the search box, search for Device Manager and click on it.
- From the options shown on the screen, select Display adapter and then right-click your graphics card to access more context menu options.
- After this click the Update Driver Software option to be able to open the window directly.
- To know if there are any updates required, from the same window click on the search automatically icon for the updated driver software option. If updates are available for the video card driver, windows update it.
3. Try Installing And Reinstalling Device Display Driver
If the display driver is corrected, it can cause the error code 43 to appear and the only way to fix it is to uninstall the driver and reinstall it again.
- Click on Device Manager to open it
- From the options, list right-click on your graphics card driver.
- And select Uninstall device from the menu.
- A confirmation page will pop up, so all you need to do is confirm the process by selecting the uninstall button
- Once that is out of the way, reboot your device and an automatic installation of the default display driver will commence.
4. Connect the graphics card is properly connected
One common cause of code 43 is the improper connection of graphics cards. To resolve the problem, just open your computer case and ensure that your graphics card is connected the right way.
5. Install the latest updates
By default, Windows 10 installs the necessary updates automatically, but sometimes you might miss an update or two due to certain bugs.
To check for updates manually perform these steps
- Open the Settings app.
- And select Update & Security from the listed options.
- Tap on the updates button, it is located in the right pane. Any available updates will be automatically downloaded in the background and once your PC is rebooted.
Error, “How I Solved the Code 43 Error” One of the steps above should be able to fix the error code 43.
Try Installing And Reinstalling Device Display Driver, The main thing is if your USB has a hardware problem or and your driver software is failing, The main thing you need to do you can try to install the latest driver for your USB driver. If you try to install the latest driver then this code 43 error will be fixed.
This Error code 43 comes If you lost your communication with the driver and your driver is crashed. The Window will stop the device because it has reported a problem
The Window will stop the device because it has reported a problem, In your device manager the error comes “The Window will stop the device because it has reported a problem”. If your device driver has failed or your device hardware fails. This error will fix if you reinstall your driver.
You May Also Like: