HOW TO REMOVE DEVICES FROM ALEXA APP There are times you’ll wish to have a device removed from Amazon Alexa, be it that you’re troubleshooting a smart home device or upgrading to a recent speaker. And this can be crucial — Clutters are not only removed from your device list but your data is also protected when transferring a device to someone else.
If you’re anxious to have a device removed from Alexa, then you are required to follow the steps below in the Alexa app for Android or iOS. Note that there is no further way you can remove devices from Alexa except using the Alexa mobile app.
Removing devices from Alexa also helps to remove the device from all groups and methods.
Moving forward to the steps
HOW TO REMOVE DEVICES FROM ALEXA APP
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device. You cannot add or remove devices from the Alexa desktop app. It can only be done using a mobile app. After opening the Alexa app on your phone the next step.
- Choose the icon that says Devices in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Choose the All Devices icon who is represented by three dots at the top of the screen.
- Selecting the smart home device you want to remove or discard.
- After you have reached the Devices list in the Alexa app go on and click on the Settings icon.
- Choose the Trash icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Now at this point, you need to cross-check the device you want to remove that way you won’t remove the wrong app and go through the stress of adding it again. After you have done this,
- Select Delete on the authorization screen, the device will take a few seconds to be removed once it shows it has been removed you can then close the app.
You May Also Like: